Under direction, creates the look, layout, and features of a website. The job involves understanding both graphic design and application development.
- Produces web optimized design for e-commerce web applications.
- Ability to incorporate various levels of web design specifications into a functional web design. Receives, interprets, and incorporates requirements to meet client web design needs.
- Works with product management and the development team to obtain information and understanding of the client’s needs and requirements to incorporate into web design.
- Creates interface designs, wire-frames, prototypes and functional code, e.g., (HTML, CSS, Java, Java Script).
- Ensures web site usability.
- Continually grows skill set in new and emerging technologies.
- Designs effective visual user interfaces across multiple devices including mobile and tablet.
- Works with extended teams. Obtains required information to understand requirements, offer solutions, and deliver value in a timely manner.
- Organizes tasks and resources to complete work and meet deadlines according to established departmental procedures.
- Interacts in cooperative and professional manner with employees, clients and/or vendors in team-oriented environment.
EDUCATION AND/OR CERTIFICATION, SKILLS AND LICENSING
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree with Graphic Design emphasis or equivalent education. Equivalent education and/or experience may be substituted for the minimum education requirement.
- Two or more years of work-related experience in web page, web site design, and web authoring tools.
- Demonstrated successful experience in Adobe CS6.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient math skills.